May 27, 2013

Unrequited Love


Unrequited Love

Every time I look to the water,
I see a fossil.
They are stuck there lazily
Amidst the sand.
And when I pick one up to say, “look!”
She has to respond, "you're not sanitary.”

Deep in the sand
A crab crawls without a sense of being sanitary.
She asks me to look,
But all I see are fossils.
I begin to swim in the water
And I float on my back lazily.

She examines the crab as it lazily
Digs a hole pushing away the sand.
A big wave of water
Slaps across the shore giving the crab my sanitary
Sense while the fossils
Jolt around as I look.

She sits down on a hammock to look,
But I feel too lazy
To walk past the fossils.
And tread on the sand
To her smelly feet that’s un-sanitary.
I hear the water

Recede as she sips a coconut shell full of water.
I see the crab peering out of the hole to look
While the lady becomes more sanitary
Absorbing the sun and making vitamin D lazily.
I make my way back across the white sand.
I step on a fossil

By accident and I bleed without any sanitary
Sense.  She bends her head down to look lazily—

And all I see is the ocean of water.