Aug 7, 2012

Hallucinatory poetry "The Wind"



When walking through campus,


The wind brushes against my face,


Making my hair strands curl.


Though another said it's whispering,


The wind’s like a blizzard of warm air outside.


With my earphones on,


If you look very closely,


There's an archway above my eyes.


My eyebrows are like a kelp forest.


Though my nose is small,


I wish I could smell something clearly…






In my memories I reminisce,


Though my eyes are brown as Florida sand,


So are the woman's who’s long gone in her Utopia,


Because I was mad, mad…






In the back of my mind,


There’s a lady who’s not a figment of my imagination,


And at the café, on my tablet,


There’s a picture of a nebulae with some stars behind it,


I wonder, sometimes,


Would she see me as her equal?


That maybe I wasn’t her type,


Maybe I wasn’t her type.